Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A lunch date...

Parents were invited to join their kindergartens for a picnic lunch today at school.  I had the pleasure to have lunch with my handsome Payton.  He knew I was coming but I love to see his facial expression when he sees me for the first time at school.  His whole face lights up and he winks at me.  We sat down and he had a pb&j sandwich with apple sauce and gold fish.  I brought him a bag of his favorite chips and a chocolate milk.  We got the blanket all laid out and two of his friends Aidan and Braeden come to join us.  We had a great time and talked about their mornings.  A student got sick this morning so of course that was the talk of the day.  Aidan and Braeden went on to another blanket and Payton and I got to talk more and be silly. 

The best part was seeing him interact with the other children in his class and to also see how happy he is at school. 

Thank you Payton for being the best lunch date. 

No comments:

Where did it all begin.....

This is a blog about the lives of a non-traditional midwestern family. I am a full time working mother of two beautiful boys and a wife to a stay at home husband. We were married on June 15, 2002 and were blessed with two boys, Payton (4-19-05) and Braxton (2-08-07).