Thursday, December 10, 2009

What are the boys up to now?

Well they boys are doing great.  Payton is blossoming more and more.  We are still battling the communication sturggles that go with verbal apraxia.  We have made great strides with this but still have struggling.  Something happened last night that makes me finally realize what Payton is thinking and what is going on.  He stated a sentence last night that Jeff could not understand.  After asking him to repeat it the second time I thought I understood what he said but asked him to repeat it for the third time.  Well from Payton's face he was starting to get upset and I said what I thought it was which was "Save it for later".  He was talking about his leftover pizza from dinner.  When I said it Payton's eyes lite up and he looked at his dad and said "Silly daddy".  So from then I figured it out that Payton knows what he says but does not realize that what I said and what he said did not sound the same.  For those who have kept up with our verbal apraxia adventure.  Payton drops letters at the beginning and the end of words.  Yes it makes it difficult and if you are not around him alot you probably will have a hard time.  The funniest thing is how Payton has adapted himself to helping others figure him out.  When we can't understand he starts to use his hands to explain.  It is so cute and we love him just how he is, verbal apraxia and all.

B-R-A-X-T-O-N!!!!  Is what you will probably hear coming from Jeff and I.  He is always into something and usually getting in trouble.  He is so independent and wants to do everything on his own.  We have figured out that he has the Brown temper and shows it alot.  He loves to copy his brother and loves to be a bully.  Now I know what you are thinking....a crazy two year old...well there is also the cuddly Braxton who loves to clean and pick up toys and give the dogs kisses.  He loves to cuddle with me in the recliner and just snuggle.  He is a gentle giant and we love him.

Well that is the update.  We will have to take pictures of the house decorated.

No comments:

Where did it all begin.....

This is a blog about the lives of a non-traditional midwestern family. I am a full time working mother of two beautiful boys and a wife to a stay at home husband. We were married on June 15, 2002 and were blessed with two boys, Payton (4-19-05) and Braxton (2-08-07).