Monday, February 23, 2009

Potty Training.

Our biggest adventure this weekend it to potty train Payton. I bought him Lightning McQueen underpants and told him to keep them dry and clean. He followed it up by saying "no wet no poopy" I said right no wet or poopy on McQueen. Well we put on the underpants and then a pull-up. Well he told us he had to use the bathroom but it was to late he had alredy gotten McQueen wet. Well we put on clean underpants and pullup and then he told me he had pooped on McQueen. I told him that was fine but we have to tell mommy and/or daddy before we get McQueen dirty or wet. We are trying and hoping that by his birthday he will be diaper free. It has been a rough road but we are told it is normal for a child with verbal apraxia so we pray and praise Payton when he is successful and encourage him when he has accidents. It will get better.

Braxton has been showing alot of interest in the potty and will sit on the potty and tell us when he is wet and dirty so we are encouraging him also. I will not be putting Braxton in pull-ups because I think that is where we went wrong with Payton.

Well the weekend was great. Braxton and I started a playgroup on Saturday that is put on by the early childhood master students. We had a great time and he was exhausted at the end of it. Kasey and I went to get a pedicure on Saturday afternoon to have a relaxing hour without the kids and to catch up and had a fabulous time. I think it should be in the mommy handbook that this is a must at least once every other month. We finished the day with a great meal of roast with mash potatoes and rolls. It was great and we even had enough to share with Grandpa and Grandma Lopez. The enjoyed it and we enjoyed seeing them again.

Sunday the boys were sleeping so I went to Church by myself. It was a great sermon and I enjoy going to church. I try to go to the 9:15 service but I am started to think that if the whole family wants to go we might have to go to the 11 o'clock service. I got home and we did housework and had fun as a family. I then made homemade spagetti sauce and meatballs and Mike and Amy came with garlic bread to complete the meal. It was great.

No comments:

Where did it all begin.....

This is a blog about the lives of a non-traditional midwestern family. I am a full time working mother of two beautiful boys and a wife to a stay at home husband. We were married on June 15, 2002 and were blessed with two boys, Payton (4-19-05) and Braxton (2-08-07).